About UBC Sauder LIFT: Ghana
UBC Sauder LIFT is a socially impactful international activity that has trained over 800 entrepreneurs in developing countries. The goal of this program is to fuel entrepreneurship among individuals as participants create or improve their own ventures. In 2023, UBC Sauder LIFT will be holding its flagship social entrepreneurship programme in Ghana.
UBC Sauder LIFT: Ghana is a business skills training programme aimed at providing participants with business tools and knowledge necessary to improve their lives and their immediate communities. In collaboration with TGLC, LIFT: Ghana aims to provide a platform to equip business leaders and provide them with key skills that will enable them to be successful in their field of business while contributing to the growth and development of their country.
The program provides dual benefits to both participants and instructors. Participants are provided with an opportunity to learn diverse perspectives and approaches to solving complex business problems. Instructors on the other hand are able to learn the local culture and how it interlays with business environment and behaviors. Ultimately, both participants and instructors learn from each other. Some major benefits of the programme are listed below:
- Free tuition in a global business school format
- Free access to training materials on business and entrepreneurship
- Opportunity to network with other entrepreneurs and mentors
- Free mentorship from top business students in Canada’s #1 business school, UBC Sauder School of Business
- Certification from the accredited program at UBC Sauder School of Business
Application & Resources
If you are interested in learning more about the program please watch this video.
Below are two sample videos so you have a better understanding of what to expect:
• 4P’s of Marketing & Diversification
Programme Structure and Timeline
The programme is designed to challenge entrepreneurs who desire to grow their business as well as individuals who are interested in running their own business in diverse ways – particularly to apply different business concepts and tools to solve different business problems. The program includes a series of workshops delivered through on-line video sessions and in-person training in four phases over a period of three months (February to April, 2023).
- Phase 1 – The Fundamentals Part 1
- Phase 2 – The Fundamentals Part 2
- Phase 3 – Strategy and Marketing Analysis
- Phase 4 – Case Competition
A certificate will be provided after a successful completion of the program
Cost of Programme
This business training programme is for FREE.
Who we are looking for?
We invite you to apply if you meet the following criteria
- Passionate about entrepreneurship
- Have your own business or have an idea for a business you want to start in the next few months
- Open to learn about how to successfully run or grow your business
- Willing to commit time and effort to training sessions and mentorship. Note: All classes are in person
Please email email@example.com or call +233302914048 if you have any questions regarding the program or the application process.